Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Farewell, 公公

I wrote the following paragraph (in quotation marks) on the day 公公 passed away.

"Grandpa (公公) passed away peacefully on Sunday, 21 March 2010 at the age of 90. I can't help but notice that his funeral photo looks a lot like my Facebook profile picture - the angle, the smile, the outline, it's so uncanny."

On 23 March 2010, I wrote this:

"公公今日去咗火化。之後会搬去汝莱孝恩园里面嘅一间公寓。阿弥陀佛。 Farewell, 公公, you will be dearly missed. See you during 清明。"

And on 24 March 2010:

"Namo Amituofo, Namo Amituofo... The words keep echoing as I watch the video clip showing the starting point of the final journey."

No comments: