Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Friday, September 4, 2009

Ghost Month Nightmare

Yesterday night was the fifteenth day of the seventh month in the Chinese calendar. The day before yesterday was Chat Yuet Sap Sei 七月十四, the major event during the Hungry Ghosts Month. So was it a coincidence that I had a weird dream?

I didn't sleep much, so I went to bed with less energy reserves than usual. Laying down on the bed, I fell asleep, my eyes closed. Not long after dozing off, I felt the presence of someone in my room. It's the feeling you get when your eyes are closed yet you know there's someone moving about within a few feet of you.

The presence spoke in a manner very much like someone I know in real life. But nobody could have entered my room because I had locked both doors. Impossible! I felt one side of the bed sink slightly like a weight's been put on it. I ignored it. The presence started pressing on me. I felt aching. I opened my eyes but couldn't discern anything. Perhaps a shadow figure sitting on my bed.

"Get lost!" I said, and it dissolved. No way of knowing whether it's just a nightmare or spirit presence, but my eyes saw faint pulses of light moving about in my room. Something's there. I imagined myself holding a Spear of Muruga (vel வேல் ) and hurled it at the light, thus dispelling it.

Having woken up, I felt re-energized and alert. Didn't feel cold or hot. Just recharged. Not fearful, although some people I know if they were in my situation they'd panic, scream or go hysterical. I just felt normal.

No comments: