Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lowest Temperature Recorded In My Bedroom

On Friday, 28 August 2009, the thermometer indicated a temperature of 25.5 C in my bedroom at 7 am. That's the lowest it ever dropped without resorting to air-conditioning.

I went to my car and checked the thermometer inside, it showed... 20.5 C! Oh my goodness that's a record low temperature for Kuala Lumpur. No aircond. Very cloudy weather, no sun.

Kuala Lumpur temperatures generally range from a high of 34 C to a low of 24 C outdoors. Indoor temperatures could be 5 degrees Celsius higher or lower than the outside depending on orientation, solar absorption or wind direction.

2 1/2 weeks ago in Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands, it was 19 C in my bedroom and 14 C in my car at 7 am. No air-conditioning either. But that's normal for Cameron Highlands. My room would be 28 C at the coolest, based on the majority of days. If it drops to 27 C that's a bonus.

No comments: