Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rediscover The Missing Spark

I just looked at some articles I wrote for publication years ago. Comparing them to more recent works, they seem to express a mood that has since gone missing. I need to rediscover the spark that makes them tick.

It's the cheer, optimism, and spirit that I need to rediscover. The flame snuffed out by a series of unfortunate events awaits rekindling. What could be the key? A new environment? A new beginning? A new way of thinking?

Chatted with a good old friend of mine who gave me some words of advice. Sometimes, it's not about going for what we love to do but unable to handle due to one reason or another. It may help to do something that we may not like at first but are able to handle, then see how things go from there.

Makes sense. I tell myself to find out as much as possible about the setting, environment, expectations, requirements and so on. Then take a step back and evaluate carefully. As I was advised to by someone close to my heart, "be more selective with..." Yes, it rings true.

At the same time there will be a lot of conflicting messages bombarding me from various sources. The way to sift through them relies on one's ability to discern what is truth and what is propaganda. May I see through deception and inaccuracy yet be able to accept the truth and work around it.

No comments: