Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Saturday, April 23, 2016

On entitled and demanding people

I think this is what I experienced with certain people. Whatever I do or did for them is never good enough. Somehow there will be a fault somewhere and I'll get hammered into the ground regardless.

Quote from Jade Joddle:
http://jadejoddle.com/how-and-why-i-help-people-with-boundaries/

"I discovered through my own life experience that when you go out of your way for entitled and demanding people, what you do for them is never enough. Either they come back the next day and ask for something more, or they complain that what they received was not good enough. You could give them the earth, but yet they would feel hard done by and cheated."
=====[END of quote]=====

-----
B's response:

This being the case, it's better to find out sooner than later how nasty someone can be, and clean break away from them so this will limit the damage rather than keep being in the toxicity. People like this are a cancer in a community and relationship. In the beginning maybe people don't know, but later it's definitely not necessary to associate with them after knowing what they're all about.

-----
F's response:

Well, good that you can recognize this type of destructive character. While they're destructive towards themselves, they're even more destructive towards others. Let go and move on. I still feel the pain but time will heal.

-----
Joe: The sadistic voice pops up from time to time, but if I'm busy, it usually doesn't hurt as much. Flashbacks do occur. Some thoughts or dreams trigger it. I feel that a refresher, a "restart" in a friendly setting (remember Tioman diving 2014) can help with healing.

F: You have to have the belief that people are good. Generally people are good. Not everyone is out to put you down.

Joe: I really hope so. Been exposed to too much "reality + pragmatism" school of thought doses.

F: It can be draining but you gotta get refreshed emotionally, mentally, and whatnot.

Joe: Yup, yes, I'll keep that in mind.

-----
K's opinion:

Ask yourself, are you thinking straight? Whose words do you choose to listen to? Are you living a life true to yourself?

=====

No comments: