Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How I Write Chinese On The Computer

I use CantoInput, developed by John Burket for this purpose. You can input using Yale or Jyutping romanization for Cantonese, or Hanyu Pinyin for Mandarin. Its "vocabulary" includes commonly used Cantonese characters in addition to the usual Mandarin character set.

Personally I find this system the most suitable for myself as it allows input in Cantonese. Only thing is that you've gotta familiarize yourself with the Yale romanization system. Fortunately the Yale system was designed for English speakers so the learning curve isn't steep at all.

You can find out more about CantoInput at http://cantoinput.wordpress.com/

No comments: