Featured Post

My TestDaF Experience

On Wednesday, 18.05.2022 I took the TestDaF at the Goethe-Institut Malaysia. In Malaysia there are only two places you can take TestDaF, eit...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: A New Year Begins

So it's about noontime as I write this, the first blog entry of the new year. 365 days ago I was in Malacca having lunch after a fun-filled night at Port Dickson. That time I felt so optimistic and eager to celebrate the new year, wishing for a smooth-sailing good year.

But smooth-sailing it was not to be. So many bumps and hitches happened, to the extent I felt real down at an intensity I had not felt in the past five years. Yes, it was that sucky, the feeling of being trapped without hope. Stress levels increased a lot almost to the extent of a time seven years ago but fortunately I didn't fall sick as a result. Not good.

If there's something good about 2010, it's the chance to travel to more places, meeting some new people that are genuine and down-to-earth, rekindling my interest in taking photos, discovering new places, and continuing gymming. Sure I did experience some unexpected good things, but also quite a number of unexpected negative stuff.

Therefore I'd say that 2010 was a so-so year at best. Not a really good one, but not severely bad either. I can only hope that this year 2011 will be better, more rewarding and fulfilling. 

No comments: